23 August 2008

My week!

So, I got home from Utah this afternoon. I had a great "first class" trip. Thank you to my wonderful children who sacrificed their sleep, so I could be on the 7:54 a.m. flight.

Michelle is doing well, at least last time I saw her, although she struggles with bedtime. I kept trying to tell her when the baby sleeps, you sleep. So, I think her motto is: when I sleep, Bryce tends the baby. Both Michelle and Bryce are pretty exhausted.

I had a wonderful week with Michelle, Bryce and family. For the first part of the week, Michelle only got up to go to the bathroom. She and the baby both ate in bed, lying down. Michelle even sat on the couch, lying down. She ate lying on her stomach with her head turned sideways. She was in massive pain. She just kept saying, "one day I'll wake up and this horrible headache will be gone." And sure enough, one day she woke up and the horrible headache was gone! Now, she only has a mild headache and if she sleeps enough, it stays pretty mild.

After living all week in Michelle's beautiful kitchen, I came home and realized how drab mine seems. I need a new kitchen. Wait, I'll have on in three weeks. And, it's quite lovely, may I add.
It was so sad to leave Michelle's house this morning. But, I know she is in great, capable hands with her terrific and understanding husband who has arranged for relief society sisters to bring meals this next week as well as do laundry and clean house--which by the way, the term "clean house" in the situation she's living in is certainly a relative term. My accommodations were very comfortable in the "master suite".

I came home to a massive group of teenagers and four lovely grandchildren at my home to surprise Marquie with a going away party, then many tears and hugs from Mom and Dad and on to her murder mystery play in which she, by the way, was magnificent.

I'm hoping that maybe Justin will find a way to help Michelle blog about her last week. It would be great to get her view on this rather unusual situation.

Tomorrow, Marquie officially changes her home town from Johnsburg, Illinois to Front Royal, Virginia. I, however, will remain behind to get things ready for movers to pack and haul away our remaining belongings!

I'm tired and this blog is a little discombobulated. I think I shall quit writing. Good night!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Thank you for being here with Michelle this past week! I am glad Jodi and I got to spend some time with you while we were there. I really enjoyed the last night we spent with you and the baby, watching a movie together. Glad you got home in such great style! It has been a long day, now nearly midnight, I too shall quit writing! [I will see what I can do to get Michelle's story on the last week to post for all to see!]