23 August 2008

Oh MY!!

Well, I have been told that I have not been a good communicator this week so I will try to correct that error. OK, so here is what has happened for those who have not been told.
- We decided to back down from our purchase of the home on Gold Cup Drive. I was ready to fax the signed documents but we are still waiting for settlement of the Hutchings estate and did not feel that we should put ourselves at risk financially. So, that left us in the cold.
- I started looking for rentals on Wednesday. Wow, was that discouraging. Makes me feel that I can probably rent our home for a very reasonable price compared to what I saw for what they are asking.
- Nothing on Wednesday so Thursday I decided to "accept" a home that just really didn't feel good to me but would work. Before signing I went back into the rental listings and called on two that were well out of our range. Well, really out of our range! But I called, asked to see them and offered very low compared to what they were asking. One family couldn't make up their minds but the other was receptive. When I walked into the home I was filled with the warmth and love in the home. I will call it the Spirit. A family of eight children. We couldn't finalize on Thursday as the husband was traveling.
- Friday, I met with the family and they approved of me and our family, agreed to my adjusted offer (still substantially below asking) and we came to terms. I even got Marquie registered in school
- Marquie and I leave tomorrow for her to start school Monday at Skyline High School in Front Royal, VA
- We will work with the movers to get packed and move from Johnsburg as soon as possible.

I have pondered a great deal on the strong feelings of the Spirit that I had related to the other home. I have come to understand that it was all part of moving forward and me may well still have the other home. I know the Lord is guiding us and we are looking forward to being back together as a family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear something has worked out. That really is great that you guys will finally be able to live together again. Do you know how long you're going to rent for our does it just depend?

Liz said...

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who has felt strongly to move forward with something just to have to back out at the end. It is hard to back out and takes great faith but is much better than doing the wrong thing. Thank you for sharing!

Dad said...

Jodi,
It will be depending on many factors, mostly those associated with our house in IL and the settlement of the estate.

Liz,
Thank you for your comment. It was comforting to me.