29 August 2008

We are officially Moving!

So, I just thought I would post a little preview of the next few weeks for us. It has been a whirlwind week and the next few promise the same. Dad and Marquie are flying home tonight, after Marquie's first week of school--hopefully, she'll post what she has learned about living in Virginia sometime in the near future. Then, tomorrow morning, we are loading up all the stuff the moving company won't take and heading back to Virginia. Marquie is trying to weasel her way out of the 12 hour trip--yes, Heather, 12 hours (boo, hiss)-- by pleading to stay with Heather for the weekend and flying out to meet us in Washington, DC on Monday.

I will spend the week with Marquie in a hotel--slash, slash...no, MOTEL in Front Royal while Dad travels to some much neglected areas of the east coast for meetings. Hopefully, sometime during that week, Marquie and I will be able to see the home Dad has rented for us to spend the school year in.

Then, on (or before) September 7, I will fly back to Chicago so I can be here when the moving company packs our belongings on September 8 and 9 (they figure it will take 2 days--I can only imagine how many days it would have taken if we had not done such a massive clean-out before we put our home on the market). Then on September 10, I think a Wednesday, they will load all our belongings on a semi and head for Virginia.

Once, I have finished cleaning the house, which I am desperately trying to accomplish as much as possible this week, I will officially leave for Virginia. We will move into our new home on September 15 (and I'm sure 16, 17, 18....).

So, what becomes of our home in McHenry? We are still praying it will sell, but would really rather not leave it empty through the winter months...so I suppose that part of the story is still to be determined.

There you go. All are up to date!

No comments: