20 August 2008

Gratitude

I have felt very grateful this week and thought I would share.  (In no particular order.)

I am first grateful for a healthy family.  As I have tried to support and love others who are dealing with physical challenges I have realized how healthy me and my family have been.  We have not been to the doctor in almost two years. . . unless Jeremy counts.   I hope you all get better soon!

I am grateful for a home.  I recall when we first found a place to live in Arkansas that Marquie commented on why they couldn't find a home and we could.  I have been amazed to see that when the time is right we find what we need.  We needed to find a home so we could return to our boys, so we did.  When we needed to find another home back in Missouri we found one and oh how I love it!  And now that mom and dad are ready they have a home in Virginia!  Congrats!

I am grateful for prayer.  I have never really been grateful for prayer before as I am now.  I have always prayed but mostly just prayed because it was what I did or because I needed something but lately I feel like I am communicating with my Father in Heaven when I pray.  I've always been taught that you will know what you should pray for and now I really feel like I do.  I can pause and listen and realize what else I need to pray for or to know when I am done.  I have gained great strength in communicating with my Heavenly Father.

I am grateful for my boys.  We have had one crazy summer running all over the United States but they go with a smile, for the most part, and love us still the same.  I feel like sometimes they are taking care of us more than we are taking care of them.  

I am grateful for family who love you no matter what and will be there to help you when you need it.  I know I can call anyone and they will do all they can to help.  Thank you!

I'm sure I could go all day but just thought I would take a moment and share.  I hope you are all having a great day!

OK. . . I left out a very important person who I am very grateful for.  Yesterday he drove us all down to the outlet malls just to help me find a dress for Deborah's wedding next month.  It was a long and tiring shop mostly because we were unsuccessful, so today he let me stay home from shopping and went to search again and came home with a most beautiful dress for me to wear.  He is always there for me and I know he always will be.  :)  I love you James!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Thank you for reminding of the great things in life that we all have to be grateful for. Your post really has made me think abouty life right now and how good it really is. Have a beautiful day!