11 August 2008

Grateful and Humble

Good Evening Family -- Mom and Marquie are already in bed, through not yet asleep. I feel like bouncing off the walls and I have incredible joy in my soul. As you all know the road we have been on for the past 8 months has been one of much prayer and the exercising of faith. There have been times for the three of us that we just could not see our way. Just over two weeks ago I had a very strong feeling that I should start seriously looking at homes again and we picked only three to look at. One that I had visited at least three times previous and that I really liked. I called Liz, our Realtor and scheduled time and saw the three homes. One was definitely out but the other two could be considered. The feelings kept building in me and when we were in Missouri with James and Liz and fasting, Mom, Marquie and I came to the determination that we needed to move forward. Mom told me several times last week to just buy the home. I refused as I really felt that she needed to see the properties and be part of the decisions. All during this time we continued in all our prayers to not only ask for direction and personal revelation but if what we were doing was right. We continued to have the feeling to move forward but non of us received that burning we were seeking.

Yesterday we went and looked at the two homes. In one we immediately recognized that it did not feel right. When we looked at the other, it felt much better and we spent some time there and made the decision to make an offer. Again, "moving forward". Still, no burning confirmation that what we were doing was the "right thing". Last night we prayed again for that confirmation and while we felt at peace and calm, still no burning. All day today, a prayer in our hearts, pondering and praying. Well, at 17:00 we started reviewing and signing the papers, getting calls from the lender and family with some but not all of the information we needed and still we "moved forward". When all was signed and the check written, I stepped away from the conference room and that is when it hit me. The burning came. Along with it personal revelation and understanding. The revelation was that this was a test to see if we would do what we had been told without the burning confirmation. We did and the assurances of doing the correct thing came. I felt deep gratitude and humility and very blessed. This experience has been a trial of my faith and obedience and one that I am a better person for. Love Dad

1 comment:

Justin said...

Yeah!! Thanks for sharing the experience with us. I feel like Heavenly Father is creating opportunities for us, but like you, we have to make the decisions on faith, then receive the confirmation. Take some pictures and let us see this house!!