20 March 2011

I'm her Daddy!

As you know, we pretty much spend our lives at the ball park now days. Ahh, memories... Blah blah blah. SO, we are enjoying April's game Saturday, (having already been at the field for 4 hours), when the pitch is thrown. Ohh, I've got you now. Smack, contact is made and up, up, goes the ball. (I must remind you, we are in 10 and under. Up means easy going to make it to 1st cause no one catches it. ) Into the sun and down it comes.......whomp. In April's glove. I'm pretty sure a short stop never looked so happy. She looked in her glove, looked up, waved, and did a happy dance. What were we doing? Screaming of course. "Yeah April, awesome....." You get the picture, or do you. Have you ever heard Joe scream? I mean really scream. O.k., have you ever heard me scream? I thought so. You couldn't hear me. After such enthusiasm, what better way to finish than yelling.............................. wait for it...................................... "I'm her Daddy." Yes, really. I can't make this stuff up, no time to. Yep, everyone laughed and smiled. He's her Daddy. What a good dad. Reminds me of someone......

3 comments:

Mom said...

Or, maybe even "He's my daddy." That was Michelle when someone was berating the umpire...loudly. She put him in his place.

Liz said...

That is awesome! Way to go April!

James said...

What a great story! Congratulations, April!