03 May 2010

Random Mind Vomit

My favorite quote from church yesterday was "The Lord has a plan for each of us. But if we knew what it was now we wouldn't like it." Spoken by a man that has just been rejected from all of his publishing agents. I kind of feel like that now, with us waiting in the wings to find out what we'll be doing with our lives this fall. I have faith that it will all work out. Heavenly Father told us (well, Justin) that we will not know the path before us. And boy was he ever speaking the truth!

Justin teaches Sunday School and he's a Godsend to this branch. With 2 years of missionary service and 2 and 1/2 years of MTC teaching fresh under his belt, he really teaches the gospel well. We had a first-time member of our branch comment that Justin should be a motivational speaker because she felt so motivated after he taught. I agree that he is very motivating. I just can't be prouder of him and what a good job he's doing.

We went shopping today, and got a lot. We actually had two heavy shopping days this weekend and it feels...awesome. We got many things that were needed and some that were just wanted, and shopping here doesn't break the bank.

There's a new phenomenon happening with the Chinese ladies. I've had two ladies lately who've kissed Jaime on the lips! It makes me uncomfortable. Also, I gave Jaime to some lady in the store today and totally forgot about her for a few minutes. All the sudden I realized neither Justin or I had her and flipped out, only to find her being passed around amongst the shop attendants.

Another thing that has been on my mind a lot is parenting. It seems so soon that I'll need to know how I'm going to be as a parent: what I'm going to emphasize, how I need to be so patient, how I'm going to show my love, how I'm going to discipline, how I'm going to teach the gospel. I prepared and gave a talk on parenting, talked to people, observed parents, and pondered it a lot. So far, my conclusion is that it's all about love and example. I think that's what it comes down to.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love mind vomit!

I remember the not knowing the path phase of our lives just last year--I'm not a patient person but I made it through and know you can, too! When you follow the correct path it always works out even if it is last minute!

Parenting--you learn as you go and you pray a lot for guidance because as soon as you figure one thing out another arises! But, yes, love and example (with patience) will do well for you!

Mom said...

and consistency....