21 May 2010

Prompted to Pray

Many years ago, long enough that I was still driving the little white Ford pick up truck, I had a sales call in Albert Lea, Minnesota to renew a contract. When I got up that morning I had a very strong prompting to pray for the Lord's blessings to be with me and prepare the way. Well, I got busy and was running late and rushed out the door. Driving I received the prompting again and told myself that I would pray when I arrived before going on the call. I arrived and rushed in as I was late, forgetting the promptings and my personal promise. Not only did I not get the contract signed, I lost the account. In retrospect, would I have got the contract signed if I had done what was needed and prayed? Not sure, probably not but I will never know what difference it would have made.

Wednesday I was faced with a very difficult situation and was headed to Atlanta to resolve a customer dissatisfaction issue. Again I was rushing and as I sat down to start the car the prompting to pray came very strong. I have learned to listen and immediately stopped and took the time necessary to pray and ask for guidance and Heavenly assistance in my challenges of the day.

The meeting was intense, the customer, certainly very upset and exercised. I however, was able to remain very calm and actually took some actions and used techniques that I had never used before. The result was an agreement that will help us move forward and resolve the issues. Now, the meeting ran long and both my colleague and I had a 13:40 flight. We rushed to turn the car in and arrived at the terminal at 13:05. We were already checked in so we really did have the time we needed. OK, we just were not planning for the fire in the train tunnel. No one was injured but access to and from the outer concourses was halted and we missed our flights. I was fortunate to make the next one and keep my commitments here.

As I had my evening prayers and pondered the events of the day, my testimony of pray was strengthened even more. Have a great weekend and "Err you leave your room this morning..." Love Dad

No comments: