05 November 2008

Prayer--My New Best Friend

I've decided that prayer is something I have taken for granted.  Recently I have decided to not let this great opportunity to go to waste and I have been greatly blessed in return.  After our trip to VA I realized that Jacob learned something very wrong.  He learned that he was supposed to go poopy in his panties, take them to the toilet, clean them out and flush the toilet.  James had some fun fishing for panties in the toilet and I had plenty of cleaning to do.  At the end of my rope I asked James what to do but he had no better answers except to pray about it.  I've always known that I can ask and get an answer but I don't always show the faith to do it.  But this time I decided to take the plunge.  I prayed and begged to know what to do and then listed.  I received a very strange answer--throw the panties away.  It was not what I was expecting but I just envisioned myself dramatically throwing away poopy panties into the garbage can.  So, I tried it and within a couple of days we saw great progress.  Between that and fruit snacks I think we're almost done toilet training.  

Since then prayer has become my new best friend.  Every night before bed I pray that Jacob will stay in bed through the night.  I forgot the other night and it was a nightmare.  Well, I don't think I'll be forgetting again . . . I haven't seen him in the night since.  Needless to say I will never give James a dirty look again when he tells me to pray about something.  :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I guess this means you might need the little boys "panties" that are sitting on top of my dryer:D