14 November 2008

中文...

中文. Chinese.  It is kicking my...
Today I am applying to take the HSK, a Chinese proficiency test similar in nature and purpose to the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).  I take it on 06 December.  I have already taken two proficiency tests with the Flagship program, one to apply, and an Oral Proficiency Interview via phone.  There are many yet to come.  It has no bearing on my ability to continue in the program, but each test is recorded in my permanent portfolio, a portfolio that I hope will someday assist me in persuading an employer to hire me.  The photograph is from my wedding, but I cropped it to put into my HSK application.  I can't figure out why they want two passport-size photos...I just want to take the test.  Today is the last day to apply.  Also, I wanted to post this picture because I look really good.  That is not the point, though.  The other day, whilst shopping in Wal-Mart, I was stopped by someone I did not recognize, but recognized me by relation to someone else.  "Are you James' brother?"  "You look just like him!"  James, that is for you.  

3 comments:

James said...

who stopped you? I can't even imagine someone would see the resemblance unless I saw them recently. Weird. you're right about the photo though, you look great!

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin said...

It was Rachel, Liz's sister.