11 October 2008

SHOPPING!!!

Unfortunately for Joe, we braved the outlet mall today. I generally attack The Children's Place with mom, but..... I have to say, I think we did very well. We purchased 11 pairs of pants, 6 shirts, 2 pair of p.j.s, 6 pair of socks, a robe, and a belt for.... $125. While Joe does not comprehend what a truly amazing deal this is, I think most of the rest of you can look past the sticker shock and see how really cool I am! I am so proud. We also went to Costco. That is always fun until you have to pay for it. It was a really fun day, but now I think I shall sleep for the next few days.... HA.

For those of you I haven't been able to speak with, an update. Joe has his surgery to remove all those extra intestines (he is special!) scheduled for December 19. While this does not allow him to come to the reunion, it does keep him from having to take 2 weeks of his vacation time next year. Yeah for vacation time! The kids and I will still be attending. No, I am not leaving him unattended, (how cruel do you think I am?). Yes, he will probably still be in the hospital on Chloe's birthday. What do you do.... cake in the hospital! Yes, he can eat it.

I met with my doctor on Thursday and he wants to fix me almost as much as I do. He has requested two tests. One to check my pancreas (apparently similar symptoms), and an hour long picture taking of my kidneys. This test will show how much work each of the kidneys are doing. If the left kidney is less than 20% he will probably be willing to remove it. Otherwise..... we won't go there.

Other than that, life is super! Even with that, life is super. I was reading this week of a new drug being introduced to elementary school kids. It is a mix of heroin and something else. Anyway, they made it look and taste similar to pop rocks candy. They give it out, kid eats it all and either overdoses and dies, or is addicted. People are calling in bomb threats to schools everywhere. One elementary school evacuated only to have snipers placed on the roof ready for them. Why do I tell you this? To say hurray for home school. I too think we have come to a time when we must return our focus to our homes. We better control the environment, teachings, and overall standards. To Marquie who attends public school, you are a true shining example of Christ to those stuck in this crazy world. Be strong!

Happy Happy happy! Love you all!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I missed the shopping trip :( But happy Joe was able to go with you. You are "Mazing!!!"