08 March 2014

No photos :(

Ok, so I am ashamed that we haven't taken any pictures on this trip yet.  I will do better, so I have lots to share next week.  But I will give you a great piece of advice when traveling . . . don't run out of fuel. These new cool gadgets on cars are great and will tell you how many miles you can go, but I warn you that they may not be perfectly accurate.  We were within 1 mile of a gas station when we ran out of fuel.  It was a very sad moment when my car decided it was done and we started decelerating at an alarming rate.  We got as close as we could to the exit, but there was still about 3/4 mile to the gas station.  James got out and walked to the gas station while I entertained a car full of children.  Sadly, no one stopped to give James a ride, so he got in his exercise for the day!

In the car I let Hyrum sit up front with me and enjoy not being strapped in.  The other boys were itchy, so I decided to let them push the car closer to James.  I wasn't sure if they would be able to do it, and was curious.  They were happy to do something that might help daddy, so it was a win-win!  So, out they went.  And yes, they are capable of pushing the car which I thought most impressive.  They couldn't move it far, but they may have moved it 1/10 of a mile.  Not bad!  What is sad is that still no one stopped to offer assistance even with young boys pushing a car in their pajamas in 25 degree weather.  What is wrong with these people!

We finally saw James returning with a gas can full of gas and the boys were thrilled to go out and meet him.  We put the gas in, went to start the car and learned that our battery had died while sitting there.  Seriously!?!  So, we called our insurance company and asked for a jump. They sent someone out, and no we didn't have to wait 2 hours, thankfully!  Once we were up and running we grabbed a late breakfast for some very hungry boys and were on our way.  It was not ideal, but we worked together and stayed calm and supportive.  It was definitely an adventure.  So, there is my fun little non photo Friday story for you.  I hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

I love your no-photo Friday!

Sounds rough. Glad you made it!