26 October 2012

Photo Friday -- The Arm

So here is for updating:
Here is the application of the original 5 pound brick of plaster to hold both my wrist and elbow.  It was so heavy and miserable.  I was very grateful to have that one removed.



Then, when we were told the elbow was fine there was a splint we had at home but we have no pictures.  The above is the splint I received on October 17.  The doctor did not cast at that time because he ordered an MRI to review ligament damage.  It just didn't seem to be the right thing to do and after prayerfully considering we chose to cancel the appointment.  The doctor was actually quite understanding.


Then yesterday, October 25 I received my permanent cast.  Well permanent to December 6, 2012.  While it is certainly heavier than the splint, I am glad to have it because my arm hurts less and I can actually use my fingers more.  Typing, well, that is still an adventure and I am not sure how I am going to handle the ocean...  Glad Press and Seal anyone?

Thank you for all of your prayers.  The healing is going well and I consider not only me but both mom and I greatly blessed.

2 comments:

Justin said...

Glad you are all wrapped up! Missed having you in Beijing. Next time!

Joseph Petersen said...

No the the Glad, we can saran wrap you up.