13 November 2011

I have had enough!

Professional football is such an interesting thing. Today I fulfilled my assignment with United Airlines to host our top Atlanta customers at our annual customer event at the Falcons game. It was a big game against New Orleans. You know, this was a real struggle for me. It is just a big show. The actual game is second to the whole pageantry and... Well, I have had enough.

First, Sunday is the Sabbath. Yup, it sure is and that hit me so hard today that at times I cried. I do not like to work on Sunday. Do not like to travel on Sunday. It is a sacred day. Again, really driven home today.

Second, this is the second week in a row that I have not been "at my post". That is something that I have determined should not happen again. Many things happened last week and this week that, while handled well by the counselors, it would not have hurt to have the bishop there. In fact, two people, both of whom I have great respect for, noted that last Sunday it was evident the shepherd of the flock was absent.

Third, professional football is getting mean. Just downright mean and nasty. I watched hits that should not have taken place. There was no cause. Play was either over or would not happen but the shots took place. Reminds me of why I no longer care for professional basketball. The finesse is gone.

OK, enough. I am tired but please all know, dad/grandpa loves you and cares deeply for each of you.

3 comments:

James said...

Thanks, Dad, for your thoughts. And you're right—college is where the real sports are. :)

Justin said...

I do not even remember the last time I watched an NFL game. I agree with your sentiments, Dad. And James. College. That is where it is at, a place where you see people play for the love of the game, rather than the love of the salary.

Michelle Packard said...

I just think you are all absolutely correct!