24 November 2011

The Holiday

Happy Thanksgiving, my wonderful family.

You know, I never feel so lonely and distant from all of you as I do on holidays. I think that, growing up, we were always pretty independent as a family when it came to holidays because we lived so far away from all of our extended family. It was as though we were ingrained with the understanding that we were all we had, and somehow that leaked into my adult life.

I am grateful, ever so grateful for the family that I head in this little corner of the world, but my heart is pining, even after more than a decade after its creation, for my parents, brothers, and sisters that all have their own corners of the world. I kind of wish our corners could be more like niches in the same log or at least short spokes around the hub of a not-so-large tricycle wheel. I know, however, that we're in the right place at the right time, and I trust that all of you are, as well, so our corners we maintain in happiness and peace.

In other news, we've finally scheduled Joshua's baptism for Saturday morning. We've been waiting for Grandma and Grandpa schedules to align with ours, and they still might not, but we just can't withhold from Joshua any more. You are all, of course, invited for the 10 am service.

Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to ours.

Yes, I meant to do that.

No comments: