21 December 2010

Ahhhhh

I do believe this has been the title of more than one of my posts. Hmmmm. Yes, we are here and we are warm. It is supposed to be 71 on Christmas. Weird. Did you like our Christmas rose. Yes, I named it. My house is slowly coming together. Joe's office, my bedroom, kids rooms, kitchen, family room, and toy room are pretty much done. The garage is full of unmarked misplaced boxes everywhere. Officially the worst moving company EVER!! Can't unpack the living room until I replace all the bookshelves they broke. How many did they break? All of them. GRrrr.

Joe loves his job. Oohhh, JOB! He is supposed to start working from home the first of the year. Yippee for us. Yes, he has a large office with doors that lock. He also gets next week off. Fun for us. I have made it clear it gets unpacked next week or I'm throwing it away. Few exceptions will be allowed. Oh, you all know I'll do it. Then, we will begin the claim process with the moving company. Joe is trying to figure out the whole Ward mission leader thing. Good luck. We get to feed the Elders every week. It is actually really fun, because these Elders can eat. No really, they eat. Imagine Michael and Ethan as one person, on a mission. Holy crap. I KNOW. It is an adventure to figure out what to feed them.

I am loving Florida. It really feels like home, which I chalk up as another blessing. I have had my moments of loneliness, but get over it. I have made good friends with a lady in the ward not far from me. She is lots of fun. We are even exchanging babysitting. You know, next month when things are a little closer to normal. Don't laugh at me, I said a little closer. I love being the primary chorister. Weird as it is, the kids actually like me. Hmmm, go figure.

The kids are enjoying year round play time. They go out everyday and ride their bikes. They have made a few friends with the neighbor kids. All boys, which is kind of annoying to the girls. What do you do?

Hope you all enjoyed a blurb of my crazy. I will think of you, but not your cold, because it makes me shiver. I think I will go open a few doors. Ha Ha ha. Feel free to visit!

4 comments:

James said...

Everything sounds wonderful! We are sad you're so far away, but happy that things seem to be going so well!

Justin said...

Yes, and this is on the morning that I woke up to 12 inches of snow.

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Packard said...

In your warm world you can know we surpassed 2 ft of snow today, and they say there might be more...Ella was sure happy when they cancelled school. Good luck unpacking!