23 September 2009

Where it All Came Together


I had the privilege last evening of visiting what for me is a very important place. Independence Hall in Philadelphia. It was a quick tour at the close of the day. I learned a great deal about the building and it's history. It was not until the 20th century that it came to be called Independence Hall. The building was originally built as the Pennsylvania Colony House. It housed their courts and offices. it was used by the Continental Congress and it was within it's walls that the Founding Fathers made their daring plans and pledged their sacred honor. I was walking on sacred ground.

1 comment:

James said...

Oh I wish I could've been there! The boys are exploring historical US figures right now, and they would have loved it as well. I'm glad you enjoyed it for all of us!