04 September 2009

camping

Yep, we were crazy enough to go camping this week. Needless to say, by the end, it was quite an amusing trip. I figure pictures tell the best story and we all like pictures.

Ethan is just thrilled to be outdoors. He pretty much ran around the whole time.
Everyone went fishing after we set up. I think this was their favorite part. As you can see, the fish weren't much to jump about, but Collin did anyway. He just like to throw them back. Usually they bounce off the shore a few times before making it to the water.
This was fishing again in the morning. Yep, they are still in their pjs. There was hardly anyone there, since it was a Tuesday. We really like the site. I would love to show you a picture of our roaring fire, but we never had one. They said they had bundles of firewood, but didn't. Scrounging for firewood here is a little different than in Utah. Everything is still green. The pickins were slim.
This was evening around the fire. It looks all cute, but they were just trying to keep me warm.
Doesn't this look fun. Due to the ridiculously cold temperatures for camping (40 degrees), by 3 am everyone was in bed with me. I actually really appreciated it. It was the only time I was warm, so I slept. The kids were not so keen on the idea of sleeping at this point. We actually had a wonderful middle of the night laugh. About 30 minutes or so later, everyone was asleep. I love family time. While it was crazy, we will never forget it.

2 comments:

Liz said...

So fun! We're trying to plan a camping trip--hoping for a warm front to come through first. :) Any tips are welcome.

Heather said...

Take extra blankets. There is no shame in taking an air mattress. That is what they are made for!