29 July 2009

Day Two

Temperatures here have been mid 80's so not too bad. Only had two games scheduled for today. Bases at 10:00 and plate at 14:00. Even though it was only mid 80's, it was still very hot with the gear on. UIC did no evaluations on either me or my partner today. I asked him if that meant there was no hope or we were doing OK. He took the latter and told us he did not need to do evaluations on us as we are doing the job. It was nice to hear.

Why only two games? Today was pool play to determine seedings and that was all the games there were. basically we all got three games for the first two days and as I started last night, that made my three. Tomorrow however is another story.

I start at 08:00 and have been told to expect 08:00, 12:00, 16:00 and 20:00. A long day. That will be the longest of the tournament as teams will begin to be eliminated. Saturday, if I get a game, it will only be one.

Thanks for your prayers and support. Love Dad

2 comments:

Justin said...

We're excited to come watch! Love you! You 'mazin'!

James said...

I'm so Jealous, Justin! We would love to come watch, but alas, too far this time. Perhaps a tournament in the Quad Cities next? :)