01 June 2013

Where in the World is Dad?

I know, it really is supposed to be Photo Friday but I have taken only one picture since arriving in Asia and it was of a white (glass) board presentation that I wanted to have for reference.  That is no fun for family!

So, it has been interesting to be on the road this week and revive the memories of past travel.  Here are some of my observations:
  • Travel in general - I still enjoy visiting other countries and experiencing the culture and building friendships.  It still takes it's toll on me
  • Vitamin B12 - Thank goodness!
  • Language - Wish I could speak Mandarin!
  • Food - Yum!
  • Hotels - Well hotels are hotels.  That said I have been in some nice ones.  Renaissance Downtown Beijing, Crown Plaza Shanghai and Holiday Inn Bangkok
  • Shopping - Great.  Bought two new suits for just a bit more than I paid for Marquie's wedding suit.  Got some things for mom.  
  • Traveling without my American Express Card - Difficult!
  • Beijing - Air pollution.  My eyes burned every day I was there.
  • Taxi's - Cheep!
  • Mag-lev - FAST!  However, they kept it to 300kph
  • Sleep - Very disrupted.  I adapted quickly to the time zones but sleep has been difficult every night.
  • Air China - Very clean with good service, I think.  I was asleep
  • Thai Air - Very good service
  • Beijing traffic - WOW!  Not many bikes or scooters.
  • Shanghai traffic - WOW! Many bikes and scooters
  • One lane highway - Right, three to four...
  • Three lane Highway - How many can we squeeze in?
  • Horns - Use them often and long
  • Walking - Safe
  • Children - Where?
  • Food - Did I already do this?  What can I say.  What we know as Chinese in the US is not.  Thai starts today.
  • Fresh Guava Juice - Oh...
  • Humidity - Stifling 
  • Lynne - Not with me 
  • Truth - Has been revealed in a great way
  • Spirit of Christ - Learning
  • Love of family - Grows every day.
Love you all.  Husband, Dad, Grandfather, Patriarch

3 comments:

Lynne said...

That was fun! thanks!

Heather said...

Very cool.

Michelle Packard said...

Loved it Dad. Thanks