02 June 2013

Church Services in Bangkok

I had the privalege of attending church services in the Bangkok International Ward today.  A sacred experience:
  • Organist arriving at 3 minutes to start.  In her defense her husband is traveling and she had to get four children (Look to be under 6) ready and there alone.  Great organist though (had her 1.5 year old on her lap the entire time she played.  I found out after meetings she is a famous singer in Thailand.  (From the US)
  • Invocation called from congregation
  • Sacrament - Sacred
  • Closing hymn - Same as Front Royal
  • Testimonies - Sisters in Front Royal have absolutely nothing on these sisters.  Bishop had to ask two of them to cut it off.
  • Influence of the Spirit - Powerful
  • Nationalities - I would guess more than 20 represented at church today
  • Visitors - Several
  • Welcoming - Very much so
  • Lynne - Wish you could have shared with me.  Hopefully next time
Overall an wonderful experience.  I cherish the opportunities I have had to join with the saints around the world and see the consistency.  I think of the saints in the Book of Mormon and how they could not hold on for more than ten or fifteen years (except after Christ's coming) and have come to understand that the ability we have now to be consistent throughout the world is vital.  The bishop spoke of being in a leadership meeting with Elder Anderson and I thought of the leadership meeting I sat in with Elder Bednar.  The Apostles can get to the people around the world and teach and it is wonderful.

Love Husband, Dad, Grandfather and Patriarch 

No comments: