01 June 2013

Quick Hello

Well, I have many thoughts I'd love to share, but I'm typing on a Spanish language keyboard and it's making me crazy. Things are well here in Costa Rica. This morning I woke up super early (the sun is up before 5 am here) and I got dressed and went for a walk. I heard Howler Monkeys playing in the jungle near our hotel and watched a tico harvest coconuts using a machete strapped to a 20 foot bamboo pole. This weekend we are in Manuel Antonio National Park and it is beautiful. We played in the waves of the Pacific yesterday, and we are headed into the park to learn about the beautiful plants and animals therein. I want to have lots of photos, but it's currently pouring rain. It does that here. A LOT. We'll see if I can get photos while we're in the rainforest. My Spanish is getting better and better, although I'm still not completely comfortable starting conversations because my experience and vocabulary are so limited. I can grocery shop, order food, and handle money, though, so I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll learn some new linguistic skills. I haven't been able to get to church here, but I'm hoping that next week I will. We are generally away on the weekends, but that ends after this trip.

I'm having fun seraching out little souvenirs and such, but if there is anything you would particularly like or the kids would be interested in, let me know and I'll try to find it. I have lots of free time for such activities. :)

I love you all!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Thanks so much for letting us know what is going on. I'm not surprised you are doing well with your Spanish, but happy for you just the same. So happy for your wonderful experience. Don't know how you can stand to be away for so long. Dad's been gone for a week and I think that's awful. We do skype everyday though and that helps. LOVE YOU!!!

Dad said...

Thought about you a great deal while traveling this week. Interesting that Justin, you and me were all on the road at the same time. Hope you got (get) to church today.