28 June 2012

It's Raining Ash At My House!

So, if you didn't know already, the West is pretty much on fire. We are surrounded by fire. I don't know how it is for the other Utahns.  We had a little pool party today. We had to cover our Watermelon so it wasn't doused in ash but it was in vain. Before we could get it in our mouths. . . more ash.  There is ash on our cars, in our noses, and on our hair. We are all starting to reek like camp fire and we were just on the back patio. Pray for us. Pray that the wind stops blowing, that rain will come and that our fire fighters will be safe. The kids keep asking me, what if the fire gets to our house? I told them, we'll leave and our house will burn up and it will be okay. Sometimes, it's a nice reminder that stuff is merely that, just stuff. They closed our beautiful canyon last week because the fires are to close for comfort. I'm not feeling like we are in any immediate danger as we cannot yet see the fire, only lots of smoke and ash, but if it comes there is good news. We will be heading for family. See what I mean, good news. Love you all.

4 comments:

James said...

Well, now I'm conflicted as to whether or not I want the fires to stop. You ought not have revealed your plans. :)

Michelle Packard said...

I am glad to know you would like a visit. I really really want to visit on Sunday for the blessing. Tell you what if the fire comes our way we will come to your house first. Plus your house is the closest. Can't go to the Packards, because Fort Collins is burning up too. I suppose we could always visit our Provo people if they aren't on fire. Love you.

Lynne said...

You can always come visit us...but we have parts of our area that have been on fire this week, also. Heather and Joe, however, are flooding!

Heather said...

Flooding done. Now just sunshine and beaches. Really, is there any contest?