19 June 2012

Distress in my Soul

After posting last evening I started to think and realized that message you gave me means the world but it also reminds me of the need I have to continue to be a "good dad" and just how much I am struggling with that at this particular point in my life.  I suffer from the "all things to all" syndrome and therefore continually "fail" in my own mind because I can not be that even to my own children and grandchildren.  Finding the time and energy is proving to be more difficult than I wanted it to be at this point in my life. 

But is it really "good dad" or "good patriarch" that I need to be?  Seems that is part of the learning I am going through as well.  I ask that you please be patient with me as I continue this process of learning on how to be a "good whatever" to each of you.  I love you all very deeply and wish I could do more.  Love Dad/Grandpa

No comments: