22 September 2011

Pear Butter

So did you know that pear butter takes like 12 hours to cook...who new...okay maybe you guys did. I will be starting tomorrows batch much much earlier so that I don't have to be processing delicious foods at ridiculous hours. (Take note of time sent...it's legit) I have bottled 65 quarts of pears...hope they last 14 pints of raspberry jam, raspberry peach freezer jam, and of course pear butter. Obviously, given my naivety of the time frame the pear butter is a first for me. I think it's good but maybe not amazing. (Sorry Marquie, I know you had your heart sent on amazing). I will try one more batch with a little spice boost action I think it's going to work out. I'm pretty sure I used too many pears last time. I did actually go to bed at like 12:30 then set the alarm for two. Only 17 more minutes and it's back to bed for me. Love you all and if you know of an amazing pear butter recipe call me ASAP. (Actually maybe if you could wait until after 7:30am my time that would be great cause you know I'll still be in bed.)

No comments: