16 May 2008

California




I have decided that California is beautiful.  I arrived this morning after two hours of sleep.  Yes, I know it is not smart, not healthy, and completely worth it.  I have had a wonderful time with Jodi today.  She has taken me to some of her favorite places, including the houses she lived in; the schools she attended; her favorite breakfast place; the beach; and last of all, her sister's.  Jodi's parents are both in town, as well as her two sisters.  We have spent the afternoon and much of the evening preparing for tomorrow's open house.  The yard we are using is small, but beautiful.  I have been enjoying fresh oranges, lemons, and tangerines (all picked off the tree by my own hand...something I have always wanted to do).  Things are all ready, and Jodi is excited to be able to see her friends from much of her growing up.  She is also very excited to enter into the temple and receive her endowments.  It is a new adventure, a wonderful experience that she excited to be a part of, making new covenants and receiving greater ordinances.  Life is beautiful.

No comments: