06 December 2012

And the 1st turns 12

That's right, the first grandchild has turned 12.  I wanted to share our new tradition for this very special birthday.  Last Saturday, we woke April at 6 am, packed her in the car and headed out.  No, we didn't go far.  We hit a sale at Kohls and spent a few hours, just Mom, Dad, and April, trying on clothes.  Finally, she found the perfect outfit for her first temple trip.  Yep, I said it.  FIRST TEMPLE TRIP!  All our children, at the age of 12, will get a day with the parents to find a new dress or suit for the temple.  This was exciting, because she doesn't really ever go shopping.  I am happy to report, it was modest and super cute.  I will be sure to take a picture at the temple on the 22nd.  Happy birthday to me!

She had her interview last week and officially became a temple recommend holder.  She has her own, so she can do baptisms while in Utah over Christmas!

This is one of those times you breath a happy sigh and say, "I must be doing ok."

1 comment:

Dad said...

And one of those times a grandfather says Wow, I remember when I was 12, and my daughter was 12 and, oh my...