21 March 2012

GST -- Book of Mormon Pondering

Last August I started an incredible journey in the scriptures. That journey? Make sure I read in the scriptures 10 minutes each day, no matter what. Well, I have missed two days since then but "made it up" the next day. Yea, I know, making it up is like eating twice as much after fasting. I started this to be an example to the seminary students and have gained oh so much more. It has been an anchor and foundation in my life.

I started with the Old Testament, then Doctrine and Covenants and moved to the Book of Mormon, which I will finish today, tomorrow latest. I have read Mormon and Ether over the last week and as I finished Ether last evening waiting for the bus, I was so deeply impacted by the events of destruction of that civilization that I actually felt pain as I visualized the horrific scene portrayed. I could literally see Ether walking through the corpses and almost smelled the stench and heard the master of lies laughing at his triumph.

Just wanted to share how grateful I am to have a guidebook to help our family navigate the road ahead. Love you all.

1 comment:

Michelle Packard said...

It really does make a difference! I'm loving the scriptures more and more!