31 March 2012

Family

Hello Family.

I just enjoyed a great session of General Conference.  I hope you all did too.  Yesterday I felt a desire to write a blog about children and how much I learn from them.  It's hard for me to describe how I learn so much from my children but they are fantastic teachers - whether by wholesome word ("Mommy, just be nice!") or by complete defiance (to self: "calm yourself down, just be patient...").  I also included some information and links about General Conference in my post.  I started the post last night and finished it this morning, just before Conference started.  I could not be more amazed about how much of this first session focussed on children and/or sacrificing things and gaining more!

I believe the Spirit spoke to me for a reason, and it's a witness to me that the things I am learning are good.  It's right to humble myself for these children and try to become my best self for them.  Really, I'm not sure if there is any other force that would cause me to desire to know God and His son Jesus Christ and become like Them, than that of parental love.  Maybe I would have some lesser desire, but I really think I wouldn't feel the same urgency and willingness to give up everything to know God, if it weren't for the benefit of my children.

I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I believe I am who I am today in large measure because of it.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Amen! Michael called me something on the other day and it took me awhile to really realize he was right because I was too busy being upset. I am pretty sure that being parents is one of the best training camps for learning to be like our Saviour!