19 January 2012

Yesterday's Journal

Dear Family,
This makes me a bit uncomfortable to place this information in the open but want to share this experience with everyone, especially our grandchildren. Please invite them to read or read to them. It was such an experience. I am still pondering it...

January 18, 2012

I am again sitting in a hotel room in Chicago, on special assignment and again holding bishopric meeting by conference call. There are many things going on that should be captured but not all will be. This evening I left the office at 17:00 and had the hotel shuttle service take me to Sushi Station. I truly enjoy eating there and when I am in this area for an extended period of time I try to eat there at least once each week. I started my evening calls to various individuals after dinner and those continued after returning to the hotel right up to the time for bishopric meeting to start.

I called the bishop’s office to begin meeting and asked who was in attendance and in one voice, all four chimed in they were present and ready. What happened next was truly amazing. I felt the power of the Holy Ghost come over me and witness that a council of the priesthood was convening and the hotel room I was in immediately became sacred ground, an extension of the bishop’s office and that our meeting would be watched over by that power. Our meeting was sacred. I felt we accomplished much and had the feeling of the presence of the Holy Ghost until we closed. What a wonderful blessing.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

"...a council of the Priesthood was convening..". There is great power in that concept. Thanks for sharing.