26 January 2012

An Indictment on the American Education

First, let me explain this chart. At one of the schools I teach for they started having students take a test to see what grade level they are at in math, so we could better serve each student and help them successfully pass College Algebra. The numbers at the bottom represent the grade level. The numbers at the top represent how many students fall into that category. So, 340 students were tested with 22% testing at a college level while 25% tested at 6th grade or lower. Need I say more?

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Interesting commentary on our education system, or in my case--how much I forgot since I was in high school/college.

Liz said...

Mom, That is true. Many of these students have been out of school for many years, but 3rd grade?