03 October 2011

Too much Junk




These pictures just don't do it justice. There was so much stuff and Joe was OUT OF TOWN. I do not recommend doing a garage sale solo. I was outside by 6 am setting up and barely had it ready by 8 am. Cleaned up about 1 pm. Little sunburned (only a little) and a sore back. Made a little cash, but didn't even make a dent in the stuff. Anyone need anything? Nothing is allowed back in my house, so donated it is. Just as soon as I can get a truck here to haul it all. Seriously hard work, but I met lots of fun people. It was a lot different than Harvard garage sales. Most of the clothes were still left and high chair and strollers didn't go?! Those that did buy clothing were thrilled they were sized. Sometimes my crazy organization pays off. No one even really looked at the furniture. Must be more of a knick knack place. I am going to put the larger baby items on Craigs list and see what happens. People also didn't really haggle prices, they just left. It was really weird. Either way, I don't have to take any of this with me when I move. Yeah for clean out!

Ethan wanted everyone to know he was reading. So here you go.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Do lots of people have garage sales? Maybe you could find a children's consignment shop for the clothing? Then, you can still make a little money on them. That is what I did last time I had a garage sale.

Oh, and tell Ethan congrats on learning to read! I bet he is in reading heaven!

Justin said...

We will take anything girly that is in great condition that is 3T or above! Just let us know the shipping cost, and we will pass that along.

Heather said...

how much above? It goes to size 14. You should probably be more specific. Nope, Jodi should just call me.