04 October 2011

Sick

April is ill today and heart broken to miss school. I had to post the email I sent to her language arts teacher. It reminds me of dad and his crazy calls when we were sick. I hope you enjoy a good laugh.

Mrs. Willis,

It is with utter dismay we bring woeful tidings to you. April's demeanor this morning has shown a lack of energy and ability to function. An evil serpent virus has taken over her body. Though she is not grotesque, her visage is not exactly comely this morning. She was very woebegone with the news she would not be attending your class. Though she was distraught, she was not vituperative in her response. So April does not rue the day she missed school, please let us know of any work she needs to makeup. We hope we have been inoffensive with our use of current vocabulary.

4 comments:

Justin said...

You are HILARIOUS. Thanks for a good laugh. I had to look up some words...

Michelle Packard said...

I do not recall any notes Dad wrote but didn't mom tell a tale of a missing pet elephant?

James said...

Oh, school tales. Good times. :)

Heather said...

April had to remind me what some of the words meant. I remember something about a pet dragon with Dad.