02 September 2010

Home at last!

Yipee and hooray we are home. Good vacation, wonderful to be home. Good news, no clothes were left in the washer. Bad news, missed a banana on the counter. Holy fruit flies, nothing really left of the banana, Gross. Ahhh, the joys. It took us 10 hours to make an 8 hour trip today. We were driving through Iowa and Joe says, "Want to go to Winter Quarters?" Why not? Yep, we went and it was so fun. The kids loved it and didn't mind the extra time. It was a really fun way to end the vacation. Tomorrow, I attack the garden. My tomato plants are on the ground and I already picked 12 cucumbers. Yes, 12. Ethan was thrilled. I think tomorrow's meals will be very fresh. The broccoli looks wonderful.





3 comments:

James said...

Yeah! Home safe! Glad it went so well.

Liz said...

Welcome back to Illinois! I bet your garden enjoyed the rain today!

Home Sweet Home!

Mom said...

Way to be spontaneous! Memories....