25 September 2010

For your entertainment

So this week I decided to teach Daniel about stranger awareness, emergencies, etc for preschool. We had a good time and I was feeling pretty good about it all. Until this morning...can you imagine where this is is going? I of course was being lazy in bed, Bryce is working and the kids were left to find there own entertainment. They were supposed to be cleaning...yeah right. Anyway, I got a funny call, didn't recognize the number and so didn't answer. Daniel shortly came into my room and told me (luckily) that he "called that number, 911." It all clicked and I quickly checked the message left by the caller. It was of course the 911 dispatch center. I called them back quickly while I was getting dressed as to not appear the white trash mother I was looking like in my pj's if per chance the police got to our house. Luckily we called back in time for them to call off the officer...of course that may have been a good thing for Daniel to experience. He's still afraid the police are going to show up and be mad at him. I asked him why he called (I believe it was mostly curiosity about the mysterious number...in my defense we did go over when and when you should not call) and he said "well somebody somewhere couldn't wake up and talk." This was of course similar to one of the examples I had talked to him about. Maybe I should have stressed that you only call if you can see an emergency. I would like to think this is the last time this will happen. I keep talking to him about it but I'm not sure he's getting it. Funny but ahhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Where is that line you draw between informing and putting ideas into their heads? For some reason, Michelle, I think this line is finer for you than most. :0

James said...

AWESOME! There's nothing like having your children meet law enforcement officers at a young and tender age. :) Been there. Survived that. Glad they didn't show up.

Michelle Packard said...

James...I think your story definately beats mine:)