04 April 2010

Sons, I Missed You

Well, Priesthood session last evening was a real mixed bag of feelings for me. First, the teachings were outstanding. Many personal questions were addressed and I came away with personal revelation and understanding. Second, I was alone. This was one of the few times I didn't have a son or "adopted" son, or home teaching son, or... with me. It was lonely. I missed each of you, James, Justin, Joe and Bryce, and wished were were attending together. I so wanted to go and get ice cream and chat about the session.

I have great memories of our times attending priesthood together and then going for ice cream. The first, eighteen years ago at Bridgemans in St. Paul. James, Grandpa Workman and me. April 2009 at Arctic Circle in West Jordan, Joe, Grandpa Hutchings and Me. A&W in Sandy in 2000, James, Jake, Joe, Justin and me; to name just a few.

Sons, thanks for the memories. I appreciate them and I do look forward to creating more together and for you to create them with your sons. That time is coming fast. James, in four years, Joe and Bryce in seven. Justin... well, sometime.

What do you think of this grandparent/grandchildren shot? Out of date I know but last summers are also out of date! Will have to do this again. Love you all.

2 comments:

James said...

Missed you too, Dad. Thanks for the call.

Justin said...

i still have yet to miss you, as I still have yet to watch Priesthood meeting :) Love you Dad!