16 March 2008

Planning and Playing

Our engagement photos were fun to take...hehe.

I must say it has been quite the week! I used to write philosophically, but I seem to have lost my knack for it. I don't know what to write that would be philosphical. I feel I have become much more pragmatic. Perhaps I feel grounded in some way, with something in my future that makes sense and actually has a date stamped on it. Let's just not talk about the uncertainties to come after that day. Where to live? Where to work? How to survive day to day? How to take out a loan to pay off other loans? So many things that come when life really gets real... But we don't have to worry about that right now because that day hasn't come yet...that is, we don't have to worry about if we want to get hit right upside the head... I suppose we had better start getting some things beyond the wedding day planned and figured out. So many things to do, certainly too little time to do them. It is getting harder and harder to find a balance in life. School seems to be losing importance, but I know it can't. That is the only way that I can hope to be able to provide for Jodi and our family in the future. So many things to balance out.


Tonight I had dinner with Jodi, her mother, and her two brothers and their families. As we ate together and talked, it struck me that they are going to be my new family. It was not a difficult concept, just a new one. They are wonderful, and it is a lot of fun to get to know them. I have yet to meet her sisters, but I'm excited for that, too! There is so much to plan. Plan. Plan. Good night.

No comments: