10 March 2008

Colorado, Baptism, Deer, Elk, Rabbit

Saturday afternoon Jodi and I took off for Craig, Colorado to attend Lorri Cunningham's baptism (Anjuli's mother). It was a long drive with great rewards, both of attending the baptism of someone I was able to help keep hope on the road of conversion, as well as being with Jodi for another road trip. The baptism was wonderful and simple, the power of the Spirit was great. We got a late start coming back, not leaving until after 9:00. It would not have been so bad, except for the thousands of deer and elk we passed on the way there in the daylight. Well, the daylight was gone, but the herds of deer and elk, as well as occasional jack-rabbits and skunks, were still there. The drive home was an adventure. It included one jack-rabbit, a cracked bumper because of the jack-rabbit, multiple stops to walk around so I could stay awake, and flashing red and blue lights in the rear-view mirror. Yes, I have driven for six years without getting pulled over. I'm just glad he got me going 64 in a 50, rather than 110 in a 65. Oops. But he must have seen the starry look in my eyes, and a clean driving record, so he let me off with nothing but a gentle reminder that "no one is in that much of a hurry" (in reference to the 14 over). Lucky. The stars are beautiful in the middle of nowhere (we were there, in nowhere, for a long time).Nice scenery a few miles into Dinosaur National Park...don't we look good!

No comments: