17 October 2015

Warblings of the Wanderer

It is still Friday somewhere, so I thought I'd share a few of the adventures had with Dad over the last week in China. 


I'm pretty sure I'll get in trouble for sharing this photo, but I couldn't resist. We enjoyed a nice foot massage on our third night, and it was we'll deserved after the walking I put Dad through. Let's just say that we put his daily 2 mile treadmill walk to shame. Everyday. As you can see, the clothes didn't exactly fit... But the pear juice was amazing!


We visited the Summer Palace to round out our week. Located in the far Northwest of the city, it was strangely serene, and had a sense of spiritual. Not something you always experience in China. This picture was taken as we made our way down the back side of Longevity Hill. Dad thinks it has its name because if you make it up, you're bound to live a long time :) The walk down was quiet, with no one passing by. 


We decided that with my long arms, selfie sticks were unnecessary. The background is the temple built high on Longevity Hill. Quite the site. 


Look at that handsome man! I didn't realize Dad was such a people watcher. We sat and people watched for a good ten minutes!


And a sad note to end on... Oh, the air. I've been here when it has been worse. But even this is hard for a Westerner to understand. To give you a reference point, when Salt Lake gets really bad (their red air or don't burn days in the winter), the air quality is around 35-50. Yeah... Will be grateful to go back to my mountains. 

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Love Love Love those photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

Dad said...

what an incredible experience we shared. No problem on the photo. Yes, the summer palace was amazing and sacred. I have not felt the power of the Spirit any stronger any where in China.