19 November 2013

Do you Mo?


Every November for the last three years I have grown a mustache. It is uncomfortable, itchy, and for all intents and purposes, distasteful (unless you are Tom Selleck, of course). It has a purpose, though. It is my way to participate in Movember. Movember is a movement to raise awareness and funds for men's health, specifically testicular and prostate cancer. One member of my team lost his father, and another battled his own fight with testicular cancer and won. Growing my mustache is how I show support for these members of my team, as well as for men and families everywhere that battle the fight with cancer.

2011

I know each of you are in different financial circumstances, but I want to provide you the opportunity, if you are able, to donate to this cause. I feel it is very worthwhile. So much so that I go every November with very few kisses from my wife, strange looks from passersby, and looks of distaste from judging folks along the way.

2012

Even if you don't have the means to donate, perhaps you could take a moment and pass the message along to folks you know. To donate, you can go to http://mobro.co/JustTheHutch.

2013

And just for fun, each November we do a photo shoot to further promote the cause. I hope you have enjoyed highlights from the last three years.

2013

3 comments:

Lynne said...

You look like Tom Selleck! Fun pictures!

Lynne said...

2013 is my favorite.

Joseph Petersen said...

Next year I want to join your clan. It would be fun. Although, I might not be there for your photo shoot.