18 May 2013

Things I took for granted


I know that long ago we used to live in a smaller house or in an apartment, but it is amazing how 5 years in a pretty nice how makes you forget.  So, here are some things that I realized I have taken for granted (in no particular order).

1.  Dishwasher.  I hated my old dishwasher, but I sure do miss it now.

2.  Counter space.  It is almost impossible to have more than one or two of the boys help me with dishes  or anything else in the kitchen anymore.  And that second one only fits if it is Jacob.

3.  Extra freezer.  This is definitely a luxury but it is one that I am missing and grateful I will have again soon.

4.  Air conditioning.  Need I say more.

5.  Two bathrooms.  It is always interesting in the morning when someone needs the bathroom but someone else is in the shower.

6. Gas stove.  We do have a stove, but I am sure trying to remember how not to burn things on this glass top electric stove.

7.  A dresser in my own room.  This one makes me laugh, but my dresser is in Michael's room.  I don't think he likes the setup either, but it is where it fits.

8.  Kitchen pantry space.  There is a chance that I have macaroni and cheese in my living cupboards.  It is a good thing they have doors!

9.  A convenient laundry room.  There are some pretty scary stairs down to the basement.

10.  Cleanliness.  The yard here has old garbage and stuff that previous tenants left.  The inside also had pets and smokers.  We have been able to get rid of most of the odor but every once in awhile I can smell it and I sure do not like it.  

So, there you go.  I have been very blessed and this little house is reminding me just how blessed I am.

Also, just as an update, we are hoping to close on the 28/29th.  Then, we begin our construction and move in in August!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Good luck Liz! Especially with James gone. I don't know how you do it.