03 April 2011

Dad's Conference Memories and New Ones

Family, it has been quite a weekend for Mom and me. Most of it spent at the meetinghouse. The ward council determined that this would be the best weekend for doing a deep clean on the building. So, at 08:00 Saturday morning the bishopric (yes, mom had most of the duties as I was in Miami on Friday and home late. Thank you sweetheart) provided breakfast for roughly 50 of our ward members and we went to work. By 11:00 we were done and families headed home to either change for conference or just plop for conference.

We watched the Saturday sessions at home and of course priesthood meeting. We have a tradition in the ward to have ice cream before the session. It was nice but let me tell you, would rather be with my four sons! I have wonderful memories of those evenings. The first in St. Paul with Grandpa Workman and the many others we shared.

Today the ward council recommended we come together as a ward for the first session and then have a pot-luck meal. I was in tears as I counted those who were there. 75! Yes, seventy-five and that included some inactive members and other visitors. Most stayed for the meal and it was a great experience. I had some real deep feelings as I saw what happened in our ward today, things that have not happened for a long time, if ever. The blessings of the Lord are great when we come together.

Oh, the memories...
  • Sitting on the lawn at the St. Paul Stake Center for lunch between sessions
  • Ice Cream of course as noted above
  • Conference Bingo with peanut M&Ms in Hudson
  • Priesthood session, 1974, April
  • Saturday afternoon Session, April 1999
  • Priesthood Session at 08:00 Sunday morning in Hong Kong
  • Other Conference Session in Hong Kong
  • Family at conference with me
Thank you family. I love you.

No comments: