04 December 2009

Jaime

Sorry, but I couldn't resist posting another photo this Friday! I just love this one.

This is the face she usually strikes when she's being sat up to look around the world.

I am the only one awake in my home right now. Tomorrow is Justin's LSAT and he is making sure to get a good night's sleep. I am so glad he is sleeping. So far, he hasn't been able to take a practice LSAT without being completely exhausted. What else would you expect from him anyways? We're hoping the extra rest helps him focus and do his best.

Right now I am sitting in the office/nursery while Jaime is sleeping. I don't usually do this, but tonight I'm trying to make sure she's asleep for the night before I head to bed. Today Jaime got her first immunizations since her stay at the hospital. She cried for the entire appointment because she was unclothed and wanted to eat. Then, the shots came. I didn't think I would be able to handle being in the room and seeing her pain, but I did. I held her hand and kissed her forehead while they poked at her little legs. She cried. Hard. I cried, too. I soothed her, she slept, but woke up not feeling good at all. Can't blame her. Justin gave her a blessing and I held her until she fell asleep. I think I finally understand at least in part what it feels like to be a parent - we suffered with her today to hopefully give her a life free of disease. I suppose we will have many days like this, where we allow her to go through something hard in order to allow her to learn, grow, and be healthy and happy.

3 comments:

Mom said...

And you cry when she skins her knee and when she gives her first talk in primary and when she goes to school and when someone is mean to her.......welcome to parenthood!

Heather said...

I'm supposed to cry? I must have crossed that with "suck it up" in parenting 101.

Liz said...

I hate immunizations. I started giving the Ibuprofen before going in. It really does hurt and is hard to watch. I'm proud of you for keeping up on them. I think it is about time to start Jacob's. Oops!