01 December 2009

HI

So, it's 5pm, dinner is made, the house is as picked up as I'm going to probably ever get it, the kids are watching a movie, Julia's wandering around making messes...(she's discovered the joy of the Christmas tree.), and so I'm taking this kind of quiet moment to blog...Good idea huh?!
I'm super sore today, because...wait for it ...I actually worked out. First time in a while, we'll just leave it at that. I decided I was getting too...I"m sure you can finish the rest. Anyway, I jumped on the treadmill ran 2.6 miles and then walked another 1.45 miles. It actually felt pretty good until Ella asked me to run at a ten. I couldn't resist the challenge, and now I can barely walk...seriously. After I jumped off the treadmill because I pulled the scar tissue inside my tummy (which caused lots of pain...understatement) Ella had the nerve to inform that "I did not do well at all and Dad could do way better." My children are way to honest. On top of that Ella has this new theory that boys are better than girls, (as you can guess Bryce supports this, and I obviously combat it ever time she brings it up...welcome to my way too traditional family), so my inability to run as good as Dad did not help.
On a brighter note I got my stitches out and now it just looks like a big scar, what do you do. At least it's on my hand not my head. I took pictures for you guys and some day I'll send them. I love you all, and I really love it when I get to talk to you. Bye

12 comments:

Justin said...

Just so you all know, the comment about scars on heads is in direct relation to the "superior" men in the house. Both Bryce and Daniel have lovely scars on their foreheads. Must be the mark of the superior sex.

James said...

The scars caught me off guard—what did you do to your hand? I'm so behind; perhaps I should call? haha . . . .

Marquie said...

aHEM!!! I HAVE A SCAR ON MY HEAD! Obviously has NOTHING to do with superior sex...unless you are willing to admit defeat. :P

Mom said...

Oh Marquie! You made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

You tell Ella that Uncle Joe says that women are way better than men, and prettier too.

Heather said...

Good husband. Yes, the training has been long and difficult, but see the fruits of my labor. Ha! I'm with Marquie, I also have a scar on my head.

Anonymous said...

I have two very large scars on my abdomen...does that mean anything?

Dad said...

Michelle, you need to blog more!! See what you started. Oh, and I will not bring my scars into the discussion...

Dad said...

Oh, and Marquie has more than one head scar!

Marquie said...

That's RIGHT I do. :P

Bryce said...

The scar on my head is a permanant memory of changing the brakes on my car... not too glorious of a mark. Daniel at least has no memory of how he got his scar. He can pretty much make anything up.

Marquie said...

ok. Bryce, I was there for that...it was dramatic and scary. mmmmhm