23 January 2009

About Time

I am really excited to see Photo Phriday is back in business. I guess I better support it since I love it so much. Not just the pictures but our family blog as a way to stay in touch with each other. I guess i really should do the blog from the family computer with the greater library of pictures but I am not on that computer and want to participate. This picture was taken in September 2005 during my only trip to Korea. This is the main entrance gate to the Korean Royal Palace. You would liken, through not nearly as grand, to the Forbiden City in Beijing. It was destroyed during World War II and has since been rebuilt. We had some extra time and my host was most generous in taking me here. One other memorable note from this trip is that it is the only time I remember eating with metal chopsticks. Korean has banned the production of wood chopsticks. Lunch was a Korean barbeque that we cooked on a grill at the table. it was wonderful. Hope you all remember the pictures. Love Dad

2 comments:

Marquie said...

why did they ban wood chopsticks???

Dad said...

Environmental concerns. Too much wood being wasted.