15 February 2013

Awesome things today

Today is turning out to be way better than I thought.  You see, I have to do a textual analysis of Henry V today.  Shakespeare and I don't have an awesome relationship. While writing this, I am also bouncing to another tab on my computer that has a plot summary. Nice. It's gonna be a struggle.

So. It's 11:00 am and I have only been up for like, 2 1/2 hours. I woke up with a headache, which is pretty much gone now, I think. That's nice too.

Let's work backwards from 5 minutes ago.

5 (maybe pushing 10 now) minutes ago, I got a text from a number I didn't know telling me I had won a gift certificate from Mary-Kay. It seemed legit, though. I entered a drawing last week at the home show at UVCC. I did some quick searching and found indeed, that this lady is a MK consultant in the Provo area. YES! $20 to Mary-Kay to buy whatever I want!! WHAT?! SO COOL. Now watch me never spend it... suggestions are welcome. :)

The other event that happened about a 1/2 hour ago totally beats that, though. I received an email from my Women's Chorus instructor indicating that I had been selected to sing in the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference this coming April!!! This, boys and girls, is fantastic and amazing. I am so excited I can hardly contain it.  I think it will carry me right on through this silly paper. Unfortunately, about 50 members of Women's Chorus don't get to go, which is very sad, but I am so thrilled that I am one that does get to go and participate in this. I've never watched General Conference in the Conference Center, (and I've tried multiple times!), and the first time I will be able to, I will have the privilege of singing there as well. Oh my goodness. .I want to cry.

Now I have to talk to the Mary-Kay lady.
I hope today keeps being a good day. I wouldn't mind. :)

I love you all!


4 comments:

Jodi said...

Hoe show?

Marquie said...

oh bother. thats terrible. home. i changed it

Michelle Packard said...

Yeah for happy days! We'll be watching you and getting you $60 dollars instead of $20.

Lynne said...

Hurrah! Hurrah!