11 June 2010

Joke's on me

I miss you guys! It's always a bit sad knowing the whole family is together without us, but we are glad Michelle doesn't have to feel that way now! Also, thank you for obliging us with a reunion in Utah, we are so grateful! It's extremely exciting knowing we're coming home to a reunion.

I just thought I'd tell you a funny story. Remember how I told you people tell us "it's okay" that we had a girl first, because we can have more kids and hopefully we'll have a boy next? Well, we were having dinner with some friends last night and they were making jokes about how we had a girl first. Apparently, my Chinese name "Jiǎo-dí" sounds very similar to "welcome little brother," or in other words "I hope I have a boy next." Everyone cracked up when they found out that's my name. I guess it's more funny when you're Chinese, because I wasn't too amused but they thought it was hilarious.

Oh, and I now have pigeon and frog to add to my list of strange things I've eaten. Justin also has crawfish. All were delicious.

No comments: